Saturday, January 3, 2015

Book Review: "Beginning Responsive Design with HTML and CSS3" by Jonathan Fielding

I had this thought of reading about responsive design.
I was able to quick read about 107 pages an ebook on Beginning Responsive Design with HTML and CSS3 and it was worth it.

The Author Jonathan Fielding has wonderfully compiled the necessary meal required for an aspiring Web Developer.

The book gives you an insight of how well the HTML and CSS have advanced to reduce features once web developers dreamed off considering the complexity of screensize across devices and browsers.

It covers subject knowledge behind Responsive Design across Web Browsers across devices. Some new takeways are the Viewports, additions in HTML5, power of CSS3, limitations of CSS implementation and existing solutions that overcome them.

The book also covers multiple columns, Gradient Panels, Device simulators for Blackberry, Android,FirefoxOS et.,.

The examples are neatly driven that allow a developer to practice as they move.
This has been the best learning curve in understanding the concepts in practice.


I do want to highlight about "Media Queries". It saved me a traditional approach that i had wanted to implement.
I suggest people glance through the book that clearly breaks down logically and architecturally what a thinking developer should understand to save time and effort.

I reached 100+ pages admiring the topic Layouts (Fixed, Fluid and Elastic) and its technical reference and application in designing. I feel really wonderful and its one of my fastest reads. I'd love to finish this book and complete my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add value. Sharing is caring